Working as volunteers, Friends Groups organise their own events and activities, supported by the Hospice’s Community Fundraiser. They have arranged many successful events including coffee mornings, breakfasts, afternoon teas, Christmas fayres, Summer fetes, quiz nights, carol singing and much more. They are always there to lend a helping hand and are vitally important to the Hospice.
By joining a Friends Group or Committee you can:
- Be actively involved in your local community
- Make new friends and have fun
- Develop skills in fundraising and event organisation
- Help make a difference to local people with life-limiting illnesses and their families
Existing groups in the area include:
- Wrington and Blagdon Support Group
- Hutton Support Group
- Congresbury Support Group
We are always on the lookout for people to join these existing groups or to form new groups and committees in your area – perhaps you live in Yatton, Wedmore or Cheddar and would like to get one started – you don’t need any previous Fundraising experience, just an enthusiasm to raise vital funds for the Hospice.
If you are interested in joining or starting a Friends Group or Fundraising Committee then please contact the Fundraising Team on or email