Grants received from charitable trusts and foundations are an increasingly important source of income for Weston Hospicecare. Income received from national, local and personal private trusts, foundations and other grant-making organisations is crucial to our ability to provide care and support to our patients and their families as well as to improving the facilities and equipment within the Hospice itself.
Whether through high value, one-off grants or smaller, regular donations, we are immensely grateful for the support we receive.
As well as contributing to the day-to-day running costs of the Hospice, charitable trusts and foundations have recently supported our work in the following ways:
- Contributing to the cost of refurbishment work in our Day Hospice
- Supporting some of the costs of our Community Palliative Care Nursing Service
- Providing art therapy and dance movement therapy sessions in the Day Hospice
- Furnishing and equipping a special room at the Hospice for use in pre-and post-bereavement work with children and young people including providing specialist therapeutic games and books
- Refurbishing the patients’ bathroom and the overnight family room facilities in the In-Patient Unit
There are many other ways in which trusts and foundations can support our work so if you have links with a grant-making trust or foundation, whether as a member of staff, a Trustee or committee member and you are interested in finding out more about how you can support our work we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact Sally Davis, Trusts and Grants Officer on or email